Saturday, October 1, 2011

Art At your Feet and other nonsense


Art at your feet was a blast. It only sprinkled once, and we (my sister and I) managed to keep our art dry! For those of you who haven't been following the blog, last year we were rained out!

There were lots of amazing pieces entered in, though many were reproductions. I completed a completely original piece inspired by "The Tell Tale Heart." My square featured Poe himself as the narrator, and Virginia Clemm as the body below the floorboards. I thought it appropriate considering her impact on his life. Her illness and her death, had such a profound effect on his life and works. In the background are the three "officers of the law" peer down upon him with a lantern. Around the outside edges were key lines from the story.  I tried to keep it rather PG since it was a family event, people were definitely mixed, but they all seemed to appreciate the detail and originality. I had a wonderful time creating it!
 

I've been helping to remodel my mothers new house, and that has really drained a lot of my time. I have created a lot of charcoal and ink pieces, but haven't been creating too much digital work. I will try and post some of my traditional work here in the next few weeks! Here's one example, a painting I made for a friend for her wedding.





1 comment: