Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tell Tale Heart Voice

I now have 4 recordings for Tell Tale Heart. None of them are just right, but they all have good bits. I believe I'm going to have a primary voice for Proto (Narrator), but that in different parts of the piece I will use multiple voices. It's hard to plan it out without hearing all the audio tracks.

I was going to put up my example to give everyone an idea of what I wanted, but I have thought better of it. I want different interpretations to chose from. So, the more ways you're willing to submit it, the better. (Meaning styles of reading, not format. The format can be Window WAV or MP3)

My only real comments are

  • Pay attention to pacing, it is important!
  • Leave at least small spaces in between lines unless they seem like something that should really flow.. such as "dissemble no more! I admit the deed!"
  • Make sure you pronounce words correctly and be careful of microphone pops!
  • More is better! The more you give me the better, so if yu wanna read the line 4 or 5 times, that's fine with me!
This reading!!

I read through a few and this one is the one that seems most correct. (Sadly the section on dismemberment is missing in the Literature.org version!)

The only problem with this is where it says "His eve would bother me no more." Obviously, Eve is Eye. As you're reading I'm sure you'd catch it, but just in case.

Also it says a simple thin ray, instead of a single thin ray.

Thank you to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment