Sunday, November 6, 2011

Learning Vector for Stock Illustration

I've signed up to sell illustrations with iStockPhoto. This of course means I will have to switch over to Illustrator because they require vector and the filetype to be ai. This means learning a whole new workflow! I'll admit this seems rather daunting, and Illustrator is no breeze to learn. However I'm plugging through a lot of tutorials and I think I'll have the hang of it soon.

Reasons I chose iStockPhoto

  • They have been around a while and I don't see them going anywhere in the near future.
  • Someone I respect and admire has already chosen to sell designs there.
  • After asking around they seem to be honest and reliable.

Signing up

To sign up for iStockPhoto you must pass their test. It's a pretty simple readthrough, if a little long, but important. You read through it and you answer the questions. You can have the page open on another tab if you need and look up the answers directly. They want to make sure you know the info. If you don't, and you upload something incorrectly, they'll reject it.

After passing the test you then have to submit THREE examples. I've made two of my 3, but they want to see very different styles, so you should put careful thought and consideration into it.

Vector Gator Love

Here is one of my examples



I'd love any critiques you guys have!

No comments:

Post a Comment